FIA to clamp down on World Rally Championship stage speeds
World Rally Championship stages deemed to be too fast will not be tolerated this season, FIA rally chiefs insist ...
22 news found
- It appears the 2017 VW Polo has reached the end of the road. Yesterday the FIA announced that the 2017 VW Polo would not be eligible to compete in the WRC. There was hope that a waiver might be passed that would allow the VW Polo to be homologated without being associated with a factory ...Read more
- I cannot call any calendar of events "confirmed" as long as there are still stars or asterisks or whatever you call those little bugs that are always getting in a way of a good announcement. Yesterday, the FIA released a list of events and dates for next year's World Rally Championship season, and as expected, ...Read more
- They had to react and they did react. What happened in Spain and what (almost) keeps happening everywhere else, even in World Rally Championship class events, finally pushed FIA into action. For now this action is limited to words and promises and initiatives, but they have to start somewhere, I guess. Six people died in ...Read more
- The World Rally Championship will turn a fresh page in 2017 when new technical regulations are scheduled to come into effect, as well as some new events.With an air-restrictor diameter increased from 33mm to 36mm, the power output of the 1,600cc direct injection engines is likely to reach 400hp, while the cars themselves will be 25kg lighter. They will also be equipped with an electronically-controlled centre differential. Chassis will be 55mm wider and bodies will be able to feature more prominent protruding parts (rear wings, front and rear bumpers, etc.). Alternative suspension mounting points will also improve handling.The drivers and manufacturers played an active part at the FIA working group meetings and are convinced that the changes are a step in the right direction. The engineers' mouths are already watering, too!The current models ...Read more
- In World Rally Championship we rarely hear about politics and I think that's a very good thing, even though I am pretty sure there exists a massive political battlefield even in our beloved motor sport series. Most of what we hear from team bosses and other officials, promoters or the FIA, is completely harmless and Th ...Read more